Monday 28 June 2010

Get on your bike, cut your benefits and football overload

So IDS wants people to 'get on their bike' and move to where work is. Bloody right too. If I was out of a job but there was a chance of work elsewhere I would move to the work. CONDEM have said that if people opt to take up this offer they will be pushed to the top of the housing list in their new place of residence. What is the problem? Yes there will be a minority of people who are unable to do this because of family/caring commitments but for most this is a good offer. Households full of unemployed people who won't move for work because they will loose their council house or just like where they live must end!!! ED Balls doesn't like it...... Of course he doesn't...... He's only interested in keeping his target voters sweet.

Looks like we are going to loose our tax credit payments in 2012-2013. Don't have a real issue with this. It amounts to £10 a week and i'm prepared to give this up to help get things back on track in this country. It's not happening overnight so people have time to prepare themselves for it. Yes that extra £40 pcm is nice but is it really that big an issue for families on £30k+ per annum. The only people again who seem to be moaning about this are again the politicians looking to score some easy votes.

Football wise I'm getting to overload and we still have two weeks left. The present Mrs Bell and I have watched so much football over the last two weeks it's coming out of our ears. No doubt yesterdays England performance will have bought a smile to many a face north of the border. The 'ABE' outrage got on my wick a bit. Sure there are some mindless racists out there that really hate the English but was this not just light hearted football banter? I compare it to Clyde doing well in the cup...... I ain't ever going to support them, in fact I'll buy a round of drinks for any team that beats them. I don't hate them and their supporters. They are just Thistles local rivals and for me there is nothing more to it. Am I missing the point here? Correct me if i'm wrong..... This is being taken all to seriously..... IMO as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment